Twitter is a very popular social media platform for sharing text-based content. It is ideal for people looking for a microblogging platform to share their unique and interesting thoughts. It allows you to connect to worldwide users of the platform.
Twitter considers birthdays to ensure safe content recommendations to users. It also makes you feel special by using different features like giving your Twitter handle animated birthday balloons. However, while giving personal details at the time of signup to Twitter, some users may have given a false birthday date and missed such unique birthday animation.
This is why, we have shared a step-by-step guide to help you learn how to change birthday on Twitter. So, if you have made a mistake in setting up your birthday, stay tuned to the article to know how you can change and add birthday to Twitter.
Table of Contents
What is Twitter?
Twitter renamed X is the most popular microblogging platform with over 450 million monthly active users. You can connect to the worldwide users on the platform share your thoughts and join the public conversations. However, some countries like China, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc., have banned the platform temporarily or permanently.
However, it not only helps you to share text-based content, but it also offers features like retweets (similar to reposting on TikTok), hashtags, mentions, trending topics, etc., and helps you to know various exciting and trending topics. You can sign up on the platform using details like name, phone or email, birthday date, etc.
Twitter considers the age of the users in the case of content relevancy, usable services, promoting ads, etc. However, if you are 18+ and want to turn off sensitive content, Twitter lets you do so without any problem. Apart from that, Twitter also allows you to change your display name, birth date, etc. to enhance your tweeting experience.
However, if you want to add birthday to Twitter after signing up on the platform. Don’t stress, just follow the below-shared guide on “how to change birthday on Twitter” and change your birthday in a few simple steps.
Guide on How to Change Birthday on Twitter
Here we have shared step-by-step instructions to guide you on how to change birthday on Twitter. So, read and follow below given points to change your birthday in your Twitter profile:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. Open twitter.com in case you are using any browser or just open the Twitter renamed as X application on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture appearing on the top left corner of the screen and choose the “Profile” option from the menu. In case you are using any browser, just click on the “Profile” option from the left side menu of the screen.
- Now, select the “Edit Profile” option available below your cover photo.
- After that, scroll down to the date of birth section and click on it. If you are using a browser, then you will see an “Edit” option right above your date of birth just click on it.
- Now, click on your birthday date and you will see an edit confirmation pop-up, tap on “Edit” to change the date. A similar pop-up will also appear in the browser, click on “Edit” to edit the date.
- Now, enter the correct date of birth by selecting your birth day, month, and year. After that, click on “Continue” available at the top right corner.
- A page of your personal information will show up along with changes you’ve made, click on save which appears at the top right corner of the screen, and choose confirm to complete the process.
With the above guide on “How to change birthday on Twitter 2024”, you can add a birthday to Twitter in a few simple clicks, if you can’t change your birthday on Twitter this guide can make the process easy and quick.
How To Adjust Birthday Visibility on Twitter?
You can also customize the visibility of your birth date on Twitter. Here, we have shared a step-by-step guide and given instructions on how to customize birthday visibility on Twitter:
- Open Twitter or X application on your smartphone or go to Twitter.com on any browser.
- Click on your profile picture available at the top-left corner and choose the “Profile” option. In the browser, a left-side menu is visible on your screen, choose the “Profile” option from it.
- Click on “Edit Profile” appearing right below your cover photo and click on your date of birth. Similarly, if you are using a browser, click on “Edit Profile”, then click on “Edit” appearing above your date of birth and a new pop-up will show up, click on “Edit”.
- A section named “Who can see this?” or “Who sees this?” will show up. There are two options in the section, one is “Month and day” and the other one is “Year”.
- You can choose between five options- Public, Your followers, People you follow, You follow each other, and Only you to customize or hide birthday on Twitter.
- After adjusting visibility according to you, click on “Continue” at the top right corner, then click on “Save”. In the browser, after adjusting the visibility, click on the “Save” button.
- Now, a confirmation pop-up will show up, click on confirm to complete the customization.
Follow the above-given instructions to adjust birthday visibility on Twitter.
How To Remove Birthday on Twitter?
Some users may also want to remove the birth date from their profile. It could be because of privacy, security, avoiding identity theft, etc. To remove the birthday, just go to the “Profile” option on your account and then click on “Edit profile”.
Now, click on your date of birth in the app or click on the “Edit” button right above your date of birth and click on “Edit” to continue the process in any browser.
You can see a “Remove date birth” option, click on it, and a pop-up for confirmation of removal will show up, choose “Remove”. Complete the process by clicking on the “Save” button available at the top-right corner.
It is normal to enter the wrong date of birth while creating a Twitter account. However, you can change your birthday after signing up to celebrate your birthday with Twitter and enjoy special features offered by Twitter.
We have shared an easy comprehensive guide on “How to change birthday on Twitter” to help you change your birth date. We have also given a step-by-step process on “How to customize birthday visibility on Twitter” and “How to remove birthday on Twitter”. So, follow the above guide to maintain control over your data and enjoy your Twitter experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Times Can You Change Your Birthday on Twitter?
There is no limit on changing the birth date of your account, you can change it as much as you want. However, Twitter has mentioned that it will only allow you to change your birthday a few times.
How Do I Turn Off Age Restriction on Twitter 2024?
To turn off the age restriction, go to the settings of your account, then choose “Privacy and Security” from the menu, and then choose “Content you see”. Now, toggle on the “Display Media That May Contain Sensitive Content” option.