Hashtags play a vital role in today’s social media life. But most of the time many people use those hashtags that are banned and harmful for their social media handles. Nowadays people are too engaged on Instagram to gain more & more audiences with the help of hashtags. But make a smart move and select the best hashtags and avoid Instagram Banned Hashtags 2023.
Here we conduct a list of Instagram Banned Hashtags you should avoid.
What Are Banned IG Hashtags?
Banned IG hashtags are the hashtags that Instagram addicts have shared since the posts applying them go against Instagram’s guidelines. It simply means that any post which contains hashtags will be hidden, which will only sting your organic reach and growth efforts.
IG banned hashtags are always varying, based on community reports and Instagram’s explorations. Instagram has an accurate policy against content that promotes hate speech, sexual exploitation, and violence in the Instagram community. To assist implement this policy, the platform has aggregated a list of banned hashtags that the addicts are prohibited from using in their posts.
List of Instagram Banned Hashtags 2023 A to Z
For better understanding here we conduct an A to Z banned Instagram Hashtags that you must avoid while posting multiple post on Instagram. Avoid these mentioned hashtags to keep your account active and risk-free.
“A” Banned Hashtag On Instagram
“B” Instagram Banned Hashtags
#beautyblogger (**Note: #beautybloggers plural works.)
“C” Banned Instagram Hashtags
“D” Avoid Using Hashtags On Instagram
“E” Prohibited Hashtags Instagram
“G” Disallow Hashtags On Instagram
“H” Blocked Instagram Hashtags
- #hardworkpaysoff (**Note: #hardworkpaysoff💪works.)
“I” ForBid Hashtags On Instagram
“K” Instagram Banned Hashtags
- #kansas (**Note: #kansascityworks.)
“L” Banned Instagram Hashtags
“M” Hashtags Banned By Instagram
“N” Instagram Banned Hashtags
“O” Avoid Using Banned Instagram Hashtags
“P” Hashtags Are Banned On Instagram
“R” Prohibited Hashtags Instagram
“S” Hashtags Banned On Instagram Post
- #snapchat (**Note: #snapchat👻works.)
“T” Instagram Banned Hashtags
“U” Banned Instagram Post Hashtags
“V” Avoid Use Of Banned Hashtags IG
“W” IG Banned Hashtags
“Y” Banned IG Hashtags
The use of these hashtags can consequence in the discarding of your post or even the block or suspension of your Instagram account.
Reason Why Instagram Banned Hashtags
There are many reasons why IG banned hashtags. If your Instagram post promotes a contains against their policy. So Instagram has an accurate policy against content that promotes hate speech, Sexual exploitation, or violence among other things. To help implement this policy, the platform has aggregated a list of banned hashtags that addicts are prohibited from using in their posts.
Here are some reasons why Instagram banned hashtags:
- Hate Speech and Harassment: Instagram bans the promotion of hate speech or harassment against individuals or groups based on their ethnicity, gender, sexual origin, religion, and other factors. Hashtag that promotes harassment is banned.
- Promoting Illegal Content and Harmful Activities: Instagram bans the promotion of illegal or harmful activities, including the use of drugs and suicide. Hashtags that elevate these activities and make light of them are banned.
- Sexual Content and Exploitations: Instagram bans the enduring of sexually specific content and the ascent of sexual exploitation. Hashtags that are related to pornography or sexual content are banned.
- Misinformation and Fake News: Instagram aims to avoid the spread of misinformation and fake news on its platform. Hashtags that are related to false claims or fake news are banned.
- Violence and Terrorism: Instagram bans the ascent of violence, terrorism, and criminal activities. Hashtags that are related to violent or terrorist groups are banned.
How To Avoid Using Instagram-Banned Hashtags?
Before using hashtags you must know how to avoid using Instagram banned hashtags. This will help you to understand better the use of Hashtags that enhance engagement on your IG Post.
Step 1: Check The List Of Banned IG Hashtags
If you want to prevent the use of banned hashtags on Instagram inform yourself of the list of banned hashtags. The list can be initiated online or on the official Instagram website.
Step 2: Research Hashtags
It is important to do your research, before using any hashtag in your post. Hashtag has been banned on Instagram.
Step 3: Use Alternative Hashtags
First of depending on trendy hashtags, focus on using alternative hashtags that exactly describe your content. This will assist your content to be more realized by the right following.
Step 4: Use Trendy Hashtags
You can create or use trendy hashtags that are unique to your post, brand, or campaign. This will assist your content to stand out and prevent the risk of using banned hashtags.
Step 5: Check Posts
Daily Check your posts to ensure that you are not using any banned hashtags.
How Do I Know What Hashtags Are Banned?
If you want to find out what hashtags are banned on Instagram. Here are some ways to find them:
- Check Instagram’s Community Guidelines: Go to Instagram’s Help Center by Tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of your profile page then choose help” at the bottom of the list.
- Use Third-Party Resources: There are So many resources available that trace Banned hashtags on Instagram. These opportunities can help you identify any bans hashtags that you should prevent using.
- Search for Hashtags on Instagram: if you are not sure whether a hashtag is banned or not, you can search for it on your Instagram to see if any content appears,
- Use the Instagram App: Instagram app contains a feature that won’t you if a hashtag you are Going to be used is banned. Platform inbuilt display a message telling you that hashtags aren’t allowed.
- Check Before Posting: Make sure Before posting a post always check when you Using any new or trendy hashtags to ensure that they are appropriate and not banned
What Happens If You Use Banned Hashtags On Instagram?
If you use banned hashtags on Instagram then you are going to face the following troubles. So, be sure and avoid the mentioned banned Instagram hashtags.
- Your post may be removed or hidden from a search result
- The use of banned hashtags is taking it as the violence of these guidelines.
- Accounts may be shadowbanned by using banned hashtags on Instagram.
- Reputation may be damaged and harm your credibility.
- You may lose your followers.
- The account may be suspended.
To Prevent the effect it is important to daily check your Instagram list of banned hashtags and ensure that you’re not using any bans tags in your post
What Are The Secret Hashtags Of Instagram?
Some Instagram users may use a less popular hashtag to reach a specific audience to elevate their content more targeted way. This hashtag may not be “secret”, but they may not be as widely known are used best trendy hashtags.
- Use the relevant and specific hashtags to your nicheThis will help your content to be explored by users who are interested in the same topic as you.
- Avoid using too many hashtags in a single post use the same set of hashtags constantly in all your post.
- Keep an eye on your Instagram bans hashtags and make sure that you are not using any bans tag in your post.
- Use a third-party tool to Trace the performance of your hashtags and adjust your hashtags
List Of Secret Hashtag On Instagram
- #deb = “Depression”
- #sue = “Suicide”
- #ana = “Anorexic”
- #proana = Pro-Anorexic
- #mia = “Bulimia”
- #promia = Pro-Bulimia
- #ednos = “Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified”
- #thinsp = “Thinspo” or “Thinspiration”
- #tina = Crystal Meth
- #cu46 = “See You For Sex”
- #svv = “Selbstverletzendes Verhalten” or Self-Harming Behavior
- #secretsociety123 = Community of people who engage in NSSH, or non-suicidal self-harm
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is It Called When You Post With Banned Hashtags?
Posting with banned hashtags is called a hashtag violation and may result from effects such as post removal, account suspension, or shadowbanned.
How Many Hashtags Will Get You Shadowbanned?
There is no specific number of hashtags that will get you shadowbanned on Instagram. It is more about the type and content of the hashtags you use.