Building an online presence is essential to grow your business in this digital age. To make it successful, it must be available on social media platforms. You can find an audience as well as potential customers for your business on popular social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Although you can grow your business and run your website effectively using several tools on Shopify, you can increase your sales and do seamless product promotion with social media platform integration.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms that helps you connect to 2.35 billion monthly active users and turn your followers into potential customers, so, whether you have a yoga app or any other business, you can use the platform to build your brand.
So, follow the guide on how to connect Shopify to Instagram and get ready to take your business to the next level by connecting your Shopify store to Instagram.
Table of Contents
Reasons to link Shopify to Instagram
Moreover, if you are still confused about whether you should promote your store on Instagram or not. To make it clear, here we have given 5 reasons to get your Shopify business to Instagram:
- Increase Visibility: You can reach billions of users and showcase your products by connecting your business to Instagram.
- Instagram Shopping: The Instagram shopping feature allows users to shop directly through your Instagram posts and stories. Put the product’s multiple pictures on Instagram Stories or posts and use seamless shopping to increase your sales.
- Product Discovery: By creating amazing and appealing images and videos and by using Instagram’s features, you can attract potential customers who may not have found your business by any other means.
- Latest Product Updates: By using Instagram stories, and posts, or by creating a broadcast channel on Instagram, you can update your followers about the latest products and deals.
- Instagram Ads: By connecting your Shopify to Instagram, you can create and manage Instagram ads directly from Shopify.
- Brand Promotion: You can build your brand and promote your business using Instagram. You can connect to the personal level of followers and show your business’s values using the app.
Above are some reasons that can help you understand the need to connect your Shopify store to Instagram. Learn how to link Shopify to Instagram further in the article.
Step-by-Step Process: How to Connect Shopify to Instagram
Follow the given step-by-step process on how to link Shopify to Instagram and grow your business effectively:
1. Set up an Instagram Business Account
Open the Instagram app on your desktop and sign up for an account. If you already have a personal account, you can switch it to a business account by going to your profile’s ‘Settings and Privacy’.
Scroll down, click ‘Switch to professional account’, and then choose ‘Business’. Follow the prompts and fill in information about your business including website, contact information, business category, etc.
2. Connect Your Instagram Business Account to Facebook Page
Follow the given process to connect your Instagram account to the Facebook Page:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the drop-down button available on the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Instagram’ from the menu given on the left side corner of the screen.
- Now, click on ‘Connect Account’ and follow the prompts to connect your Instagram account.
3. Set up a Facebook Shop
You will require a Facebook shop to link Shopify to Instagram. Here is how to set up a Facebook Shop in a few easy steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Now, click on the drop-down arrow appearing at the top right corner.
- Select ‘Create Page’ and follow the prompts to create a new page for your shop.
- Now, go to ‘Meta Business Suite’ to manage the marketing and advertising undertakings of your shop.
- To create a shop, go to ‘Commerce Business Manager’ and choose ‘Create a shop’ then, follow the given prompts to complete the setup of your Facebook Shop.
4. Connect your Facebook and Instagram Business Account to Shopify Store
To connect to Facebook and Instagram shop on Shopify, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to your account and click on the ‘Sales Channels’ appearing on the left side menu of your Shopify dashboard. Then, choose ‘Facebook and Instagram’.
- Now, click on ‘Start Set-up’ and follow the prompts to complete the Shopify, Instagram, and Facebook Integration and to tag your products on Instagram.
Follow the above steps to connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts to the Shopify store. Once accounts are connected, you will be able to manage your accounts from within Shopify.
5. Start Instagram Shopping and Tag Your Products-
Enable Instagram Shopping below steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and go to settings by clicking on the ‘three-line’ icon in the top right corner.
- Now, select the ‘Business’ option, then choose ‘Shopping’. Follow the prompts to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook shop.
Instagram may take some time to review your account and approve the product tagging. However, till then, you can create and publish posts on Instagram.
Once product tagging is approved, you can tag your Shopify product on your Instagram posts and stories by following these steps:
- Create a new post in your Instagram profile.
- Click on ‘Tag Products’ and select the product that you want to tag in your post.
- Move the tag to the desired spot on the photo or video and share your post.
Tips to Grow Your Business After Shopify Instagram Integration
After knowing how to connect Shopify to Instagram and successfully integrating your Shopify to Instagram, follow the below-given tips to boost your sales and grow your business:
- Optimize your Instagram profile by using your business logo in your profile picture, writing a bio with unique selling points of your business, etc. so that it represents your brand effectively.
- Create attractive and visually appealing posts or content for your products and maintain a significant style that represents your product.
- Use product tagging feature effectively. Ensure that the tags are connected to the correct product page of your Shopify store.
- Engaging with the audience helps you to build a personal connection with them. Respond to comments, host Q&A, polls, etc. to audience engagement.
- Maintain a schedule for posting content daily. Use Insights to identify the best time to post for your target audience.
- Ask customers for product reviews and share positive reviews with your followers to build trust.
Above are some tips that can be very helpful in boosting the sales of your business and achieving better results from your Shopify-Instagram Integration.
To grow your business and make it a worldwide brand, it is necessary to build its online presence. If you have a Shopify store, you can build a specific audience for your products and make them your potential customers by using the advanced features of the social media platform.
Above in the article, we have talked about an easy way and given a guide on how to link Shopify to Instagram. You can connect your Shopify to Instagram for multiple reasons including increasing visibility, Instagram shopping, Instagram ads, brand promotion, and others.
So, follow the above steps on how to connect Shopify to Instagram and get ready to boost your sales and make your business a successful brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Won’t My Shopify Connect to Instagram?
There can be several reasons your Shopify won’t connect to your Instagram. Before connecting to Instagram, ensure you have a Facebook shop it shall be connected to Instagram. Your product shall also comply with Instagram’s commerce policies and guidelines.
Can You Link Your Instagram Feed to Shopify?
By connecting your Instagram and Facebook account to your Shopify store with the help of the above on how to connect Shopify to Instagram, you will able to control your Instagram and Facebook within the Shopify platform.
Is It Free to Sell on The Instagram Shop?
You can use Instagram shopping for free, however, you need to have a Facebook business page and shop connected to your Instagram business profile which is available for free.