Paper shredding events are highly anticipated by a lot of individuals and businesses. You don’t want to store unwanted confidential documents at home or the office. Especially those which contain extremely confidential information which isn’t required anymore. To keep your confidential information safe from outsiders, use the best free paper shredding events in Chicago to dispose of these documents.
Various paid as well as free paper shredding events are organized all over the world. Within the United States of America only, you will encounter multiple paper shredding events in Chicago. These events are organized to promote awareness of the prevention of identity theft as well. You may simply attend any of such free paper shredding events in Chicago or other locations to get rid of your unwanted confidential documents. This way you don’t have to compromise your security.
Today, we came up with complete guidelines about free paper shredding events in Chicago 2023. Through these events, you shall be able to get rid of all your unwanted confidential documents. Most of these events are free hence you don’t need to invest your money either.
Table of Contents
List of Free Paper Shredding Events in Chicago 2023
October 14, 2023 (Community Shred Event)
- Timings: 9:00 AM
- Venue: Green Hills Public Library District
- Address: 10331 Interlochen Dr, Palos Hills, IL, 60465
- Additional Info: Limit two boxes per person. Boxes will not be accepted before 9 a.m.
October 15, 2023 (Document Destruction Event)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Venue: Skokie Public Library, West Parking Lot
- Address: 5215 Oakton St., Skokie, IL 60077
- Additional Info: There is a limit of four boxes per person at the event.
October 21, 2023 (Paper Shred)
- Timings: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
- Venue: 4250 N Lincoln Ave
- Address: 4250 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60618, United States
- Additional Info: Please bring only one box of paper per person.
October 21, 2023 (Paper Shred to Benefit Special Olympics)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Venue: View Facility, Police Department
- Address: 500 North Cass Avenue, Westmont, IL 60559
- Additional Info: Suggested donation of $10 a box
October 21, 2023 (Shredding Event Sponsored by Frankfort Township)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Venue: Frankfort Township
- Address: 11000 W Lincoln Hwy, Frankfort, IL 60423
- Additional Info: Free Shredding Event – Shred your sensitive documents securely. Three Box Limit Per Vehicle. Please use boxes or paper bags (no plastic bags).
November 11, 2023 (Shredding Event)
- Timings: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM CST
- Venue: 2701 S Harlem Ave
- Address: 2701 S Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL 60402
Below is a complete list of upcoming paper shredding events near me in Chicago 2023. Through these events, you shall be able to dispose of your confidential documents without any worries. If you are worried about what to do with your unwanted confidential documents. Please scroll down below and find out the best free paper shredding events basis your schedule.
Please find below the list of free paper shredding events in Chicago 2023.
Also, Read – Free Paper Shredding Events NYC
Benefits Paper Dispose of Events in Chicago
Concerns related to identity theft are limitless. Documents nowadays are so critical that you don’t want them to reach in wrong hands. You are the only person responsible for your security. Paper shredding events can help you get rid of such unwanted documents without any hassle. The benefits of free paper shredding events in Chicago are as follows: –
- This is the best way to reduce carbon footprint (By recycling paper)
- Best way to secure your confidential documents
- No need to hassle with shredding paper at home
- Best way to get the documents shredded for free
- This will enhance your overall reputation
- Best way to save on office and personal storage space for other important stuff.
- No need to spend money on warehouse storage units.
Chicago Shred-A-Thon Events
Looking to dispose of sensitive documents or electronics safely? Check out our upcoming shredding event! Here are the details:
- The event is open to residents of the surrounding neighborhoods and requires proof of residency.
- Each vehicle is limited to three boxes or bags of paper materials.
- Paper clips, staples, and other small metal items do not need to be removed, but binder clips and larger metal items must be taken off beforehand.
- On-site shredding services are provided by a certified company.
- Donations to support local organizations will be accepted.
Personal documents containing sensitive information (bank statements, tax documents, medical records, etc.)
Cell phones, computers, printers, and other small electronics.
- Cardboard boxes or plastic bags
- Clothing or fabric items
- Glass or hazardous materials
The event dates and details are mentioned below:-
8 August (Shred a Thon: Sponsored by 15th Ward Ald Raymond Lopez)
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Address: 2919 W 59th St, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- Contact: 773-823-1539
September 9, 2023 (Shred a Thon: Sponsored by 7th Ward Alderman Greg Mitchell)
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Address: 2249 E 95th St, Chicago, IL 60617, USA
- Contact: 773-731-7777
September 23, 2023 (Shred a Thon: Sponsored by 3rd Ward Ald Silvana Tabares)
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Address: 3826 W 58th St, Chicago, IL 60629, Peck Elementary School
- Contact: 773-582-4444
September 23, 2023 (Shred a Thon: Sponsored by 49h Ward Ald Maria Hadden)
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Address: 6934 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60626, USA Byline Bank
- Contact: 773-338-5796
Difference Between Shred & Recycle Papers After Shredding
If you are confused about whether you have to shred your papers/document or recycle it then here comes the answer. There is a slight difference between the shredding and recycling of papers and documents.
Shredding – When you want to dispose of your personal documents in front of you then you can shred your paper. Because shredding is confidential and secure to destroy important documents.
Recycling- Recycle paper is not confidential and safe. Recycling is a process that converts waste into reusable material. We can suggest you recycle paper after shredding it. But if you want to recycle your docs then it might be not a safe idea.
if you do not want to attend any of the paper shredding events then you can dispose of papers without shredders too. However, Free Paper Shredding events in Chicago remain our favorite option
Conclusion- Paper Shredding Events in Chicago 2023
We discussed a lot about free paper shredding events in Chicago 2023. You can select from any of the aforesaid events to get your confidential documents destroyed. Simply plan the most ideal date according to your schedule and prepare for the shredding day accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I shred my Papers?
Doesn’t matter where you are you will find various shredding events near you to shred papers easily. few of the events are paid but you will also find free also.
Is shredding a good idea?
if you want to keep your all personal data and information safe then shredding is a good idea.